Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hospital Visit

Bryson scared his Mama to death last Friday. To make a LONG story short, he had a febrile seizure. I was at a friends house and I noticed he didn’t feel well. I was holding him when he began to seize and quickly turned blue. It was the scariest moment of my life. We called 911 and I followed the instructions of the operator until the paramedics arrived (which seemed like forever). They quickly put him on a stretcher, took his vitals, and we were off to the ER. His temp was 104.9 so they covered him with ice packs on the way.  Luckily, my in-laws were close by and arrived quickly. I frantically called my parents and they rushed to New Braunfels as fast as they could. My father-in-law was waiting for us right when we stepped out of the ambulance. It was a sense of comfort I so needed at that moment. They did a chest x-ray, blood work, and cathed him for a urine sample. He had slight inflammation in his left ear and showed very slight signs of a UTI. Nothing that explained such a high fever. We were released when his fever was back to normal. He is on an antibiotic and Tylenol/Motrin every 2 hrs. We have an appointment with a pediatrician on Tuesday. He has slept with me every night since (something I swore I would never do). I’ve been watching him like a hawk and over-analyzing everything, I’m sure. I hope to NEVER experience those feelings again. 

 

He still managed to find the strength to eat :)

DSC_0361 DSC_0362 DSC_0364 DSC_0365

Talking to Dad. I know it doesn’t look like it, but this was a smile. First and only time he smiled all night.

DSC_0367

Got my Dad and on my way home. Things are looking up!

DSC_0369 DSC_0371

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Robyn! I'm so glad everything is ok. That's so frightening -- I can't even imagine. Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad things are getting better... I was freaking out after I got the text I was about ready to hop on a plane, even though I knew I couldn't do anything. I love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm, Bryson with his daddy pillow is just about the cutest thing I have ever seen! Oh, and I am SO glad he was able to muster up enough strength to eat. Such a terrifying night for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's never fun to see babies with electrodes on their little bodies. Bryson, however, looks adorable in any circumstance!

    ReplyDelete