Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Birthday

One downfall of the military is the frequent moving. Leaving good friends is always hard. However, we have been lucky enough to meet some great people since we moved here. Some of them got together and threw me a birthday party. I am so grateful for our military family!

birthday ribs birthday beas birthday shrimptini

This Shrimptini was scrumptious!

birthday drinks grillmaster 

Our Grill Master

trav and bbirthdaycake birthdaycake2candles1 

What birthday would be complete without trick candles?

Shrimptini Recipe

1 c chopped tomatoes
1 c chopped onion 
1/4 c chopped cilantro
1/2 tbs chopped jalapeno (1 jalapeno works)
1 whole avocado
3/4 c ketchup
1/2 c water
2 tsp lime juice
1 tbs red Tabasco
1 tbs green Tabasco
1/2 bag medium shrimp- thawed & deshelled (cut into smaller pieces)

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together & let stand in fridge for 1 hour. Serve with tortilla chips.

2 comments:

  1. So great! I must have me some shrimptini this weekend ... will report back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that I missed it!!!! We miss you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete